You inspire our product innovationsWe want to hear from you!
Share your patented solution
- Instant confirmation via email that your idea has been received.
- Please be patient as our innovation team reviews your idea.
Whirlpool Corporation Innovation team evaluation & review.
- The review process of new ideas typically takes about 4-6 weeks.
- We typically give feedback following our review, but do not commit to that.
Define preliminary business model
- If Whirlpool Corporation wishes to pursue your idea, we may work with you to define a preliminary business model.
- This process takes 2-6 weeks depending on the complexity of your idea.
- In Whirlpool Corporation's sole discretion, our Innovation Team may further develop the technical, financial, and marketing plans plus the full business case needed to bring the idea to life in the marketplace.
- This part of the process may take up to 3 months.
Review and approve/reject
- The business case for your idea will be reviewed with Whirlpool Corporation's senior leadership team for a go/no-go decision.
Go to Market
- If your idea's business plan is approved/funded for market launch, it will enter the Whirlpool Corporation product development process.
- The time necessary to develop the product depends on complexity.
WHY WORK WITH WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION?
Whirlpool Corporation is the world's leading global manufacturer of home appliances with $20 billion in 2014 sales while operating in more than 170 countries. Focusing on consumer needs fuels our growth and keeps us relevant in homes around the world. We exist to create purposeful innovation that helps keep homes running smoothly so personal and family lives can flourish.
Does Whirlpool Corporation accept ideas that are not patented?
Am I assigning any rights to Whirlpool Corporation by submitting my idea?
Is this the only method for submitting ideas to Whirlpool Corporation?
How can I help my idea be successful at Whirlpool Corporation?
Is it possible for me to present my idea to Whirlpool Corporation in person?
Once I've successfully submitted my idea, how and when will I be contacted by Whirlpool Corporation?
Will Whirlpool Corporation return information/items that I provide to them to support my idea submission?
Will a physical prototype be needed? If so, will that be returned to me?
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
The things we consume
Things that help us get healthy again
What can help us proactively be healthy
Environmental & Sustainability
Things we can do or create with the earth in mind
The next wave of clothing, its technologies and needs
New Build Concepts
With space becoming an issue, new consumer needs
Different models of how to handle finances
Keeping our consumers safe